Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

For those of you who really know me, you know that I haven't really been happy at my job for a while now. I am a month shy of being there three years and over half that time, part of me wished I was doing something different. I felt guilty for feeling that way so I tried to stick it out.

That's a little side note. Jamaica was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to say the least. I am so very fortunate to have a cousin who wanted to elope and an aunt and uncle who wanted to include me in this trip. A week of nothing but swimming, laying out, reading, drinking and getting to spend time with family and friends. My cousin's wedding was amazing, out on the beach, with nothing but blue sky and sand.  A great time was had by everyone!

We got back late from Jamaica and I started work soon after at both jobs. I was given the rest of the week off and the following week from my second job to visit with my mom who I got to see after a year that Thursday!  It was so nice being able to see her and spend time with her. We had a reception that weekend and then I got to see her until she left the following Saturday. 10 days. It was great!

Back to my little side note, after I got back from Jamaica, I was under the impression that things would have been done while I was not at work for the five days. I was under the wrong impression and spent the next week in tears and working hard to get caught up.  I spent a morning going crazy and happened to look at craigslist. My mom found it too and emailed me and said hey send your resume.

So I listened to my mom like always. Haha. Anyways, I sent it in and that week I did a phone interview. The following week I did an interview there and then this week I took a personality assessment. Not going to lie, I was nervous and hoping it would go well.

I was offered the position and officially accepted it! I went in today and started the paperwork and put in my notice. It's been a while since I have been that nervous!  So glad that I've been given this opportunity and can't wait to start!

The summer is flying by and we finally have summer weather.  Here's to more book reading and did I mention I will be working four 10's now. How awesome is that!!

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hooo! Way better info than a text! 4-10's? That's awesome. You are going to LOVE that schedule. So glad to see God's faithfulness and direction in your life - that you AND your mom stumbled across the same listing on Craigslist was NOT by chance!

    ReplyDelete