Monday, September 10, 2012

Goodbye Summer

For me, once school begins, summer is over. Youth group begins and Sunday school starts. I think fall might be my favorite time of year and this fall I will be the big two five so lots of things going on!

I got back Saturday night from California. Can you say amazing.  It was one of the best weeks I've had and I'm so blessed to have been able to go.  We left at 5am last Saturday morning and drove to Fair Oaks, just outside of Sacramento. We spent Saturday night, all day Sunday and left Monday night but in that time I got to visit with two of my favorite people and get to hear Craig preach another sermon.  His love for God amazes me and I love getting to listen to his love for Him.  He has been blessed with this ability.  Half of us were in tears by the end of the sermon, for once it wasn't me but it was hard knowing that it would be a while before hearing him again.

They have an outdoor pool and with 95 degree weather, we were going to take advantage of it. Life was good. We barbequed and just got to lounge around. I got to lay down and read a book. It was amazing.

Monday we left around 9am and ventured towards Disneyland. We had one guy who couldn't get the weekend off of work so he was flying down. It worked out we beat him to the hotel and we weren't waiting too long before he texted us that he was there.  We went out to dinner and settled in. With four guys and three girls, we knew an adventure was coming.

Tuesday we headed to Disneyland. Because we got a package at the hotel, we got early entrance to the main park so we thought we'd hit the rides that are a little more low-key first.  A couple of the guys had never been to Disneyland and we didn't want to start out with the really fun rides and then get the sucky ones. We proudly rode Peter Pan and Snow White and It's a Small World. I believe even some teacups were in there.  Then we got to ride Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain.

Wednesday was California Adventure and I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of fast rides and dark ones. I opted out of Space Mountain and the Tower of Terror. I've done them before and that was good enough of me. It was our first time at Cars Land and that was a lot of fun.

Thursday was a "do whatever you want to" kind of a day. My shorts had not been long enough and I began chaffing so I spent Thursday napping and reading. Not a bad way to end our Anaheim adventure. I got my souveniors bought and was ready to go. Back to Sacramento we went where bundt cake and ice cream were waiting for us!

Friday was our official do nothing day. We woke up, had breakfast and just hung out. Debbie is an amazing cook and a great hostess.  The Hardinger's make a great team and I'm counting the days til I can see them again.  We found out they had a movie theater nearby that shows not as new movies but it costs $3.75! Heck yeah. We found out they were showing Men in Black 3 so we went to that showing and had a great time.

Saturday was a hard day. My goodbye to Craig and Debbie was all in tears and as much as it was great to see them, it reminded me of how much I miss them and how much they were involved in my life before they left.

We left their house a little before 9 and made it back home in just over 14 hours. Hello limited stops!  I was the annoying one who kept having to go to the bathroom but hey, don't stop by a coffee booth or a restaurant and expect me to not buy something.

Yesterday Sunday school started and I began my first time as the secretary for the 1st through 6th graders. They seem like a fun bunch. I got a big hug from one of my favorite first graders to end the morning! 

In Disneyland, I bought Khloe the cutest Disney princesses and was able to bring them over to her before church and hang out the rest of the day. It was a great way to end my vacation and kept me laughing.  I am blessed!

Well here's to the summer, it was a great one and fall... you can bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment