Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful

For the month of November I have been writing each day something I'm thankful for. I try to use an example of what happened that day because it made me feel better or made me realize I don't say what I'm thankful for enough.

Today I am thankful for my mama. She is an amazing, beautiful, woman of God and I am so thankful to be her daughter. Though we fight and don't always agree, she has always been there for me.

I thought two years ago when she moved away that it would be the hardest on me but it really has been a weird blessing. I feel like we've gotten closer and now have a better relationship.  I laugh thinking about when I totaled my car and had to call her from the ambulance and tell her. Oh how nice it was knowing she was not nearby. She worried from afar but it was nice to be able to ease her in and tell her I would never be driving that car again.

Today she goes in for surgery. It's apparently a minor procedure on her knee that has caused her pain for the last eight or nine months. She is not worried and has a great attitude. I on the other hand am a bit of a wreck. I just want to be there. They didn't know when the surgery would be until a few weeks ago so it was hard to plan around that. My grandma is there to take good care of her.

I called her this morning on my way to work and we chatted for a bit. She was getting ready to leave so we hung up. I didn't feel right so I called her back and asked if I could pray with her. We prayed and hung up and I had peace about it.

I want to continue being thankful throughout the year. Not just a few weeks before Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for: an apartment, a car, a wonderful family, friends, a job, a chance to stay busy. I don't take the time to appreciate what I have but complain because there are things I don't have that I want.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and remember to cherish what you have. Cherish your family, your kids, your spouse and whatever else. Time is a gift and we never know when we're going to have to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment