Friday, March 1, 2013

New Year, New Attitude

Although it is already March 1, I think that now is as good a time as any to write this. I still can't believe it's 2013, I can't believe how fast the year is flying by already.

I started the year off by becoming one of the two teachers in the 2's and 3's classroom at church.  They are a fun group and I've known all of them since they were born. It's been a great experience and even though hard at times, I am so excited for this opportunity.

Helping out in Sunday School with the 1st-6th graders has been fun too.  A bit chaotic at times but fun none-the-less.  I've been able to get to know kids that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.  A great way to spend a couple hours on Sunday's!

I moved back to Everson towards the end of January.  I found a little one-bedroom house and thought it was perfect.  Apparently, I am not the greatest judge of character.  I was trying to be brave and kept thinking oh I will be fine, I just need to stop being a wimp but my wimpier side got a hold of me!  Right after I moved, I had a couple friends approach me about renting this three bedroom house but I had to say no because I had just moved but a part of me was really bummed.  They lived nearby when I was living in Sumas and we had a great time always.  I had heard they had found a roommate and I was happy for them.  Last week she called again and asked if I was in a lease.  When I said no that it was month to month she said well move out April 1st because we want you to be our roommate.  Heck yes!

So now I have to find new people to help me move because there is no way I am asking the same friends who JUST helped me move.  They'll hate me!

I am spending the next four weeks trying to sell some furniture that I don't need and is a pain to move everywhere as well as refurnishing and painting some old furniture I've had.  I am so excited for these projects and can't wait to move in with these girls!

Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment